Homestead Hall Welcomes Jeff Carson - January 29, 2022
Singer Jeff Carson is known for a string of country music chart toppers including songs such as “Not on Your Love,” “The Car,” and “Holdin’ Onto Somethin’.” In 1996, Carson won the ACM Video of the Year for "The Car." Other songs include "Real Life (I Never Was the Same Again)," “Yeah Buddy,” "Do It Again," and "Scars and All."
Born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and raised in Gravette, Arkansas, Carson spent his childhood playing harmonica and guitar and singing in church. While he was in high school, he and his friends formed a band to play their school's talent show, performing the Eagles' "Seven Bridges Road." After the ad hoc group won second place, Carson was convinced to pursue a musical career. Following his high-school graduation, he entered a talent contest at an entertainment complex called Ozark Mountain Music in Rogers, AR. Although he didn't come in first, the winner asked Carson to play in his house band. For the next four years, he played with the outfit, until they finally disbanded.
Carson moved to Branson, MO, where he played bass in local bands and started writing his own songs. In Branson, he met and married his wife, Kim Cooper, who encouraged him to move to Nashville. Kim had a friend who played at the Opryland Hotel and his group Texana needed a bassist -- hence, Carson moved to Music City in 1989. After some persuasion, he convinced the hotel to book him as a solo act. Around the same time, he signed a songwriting deal with Little Big Town Music and began singing on demo tapes for a variety of companies. Eventually, publisher/producer Chuck Howard heard Carson's original material and signed a publishing and development deal with him. By 1994, Jeff had signed with Curb Records.
The former number one record holder retired in 2009 to work as a community police officer in Franklin, Tennessee after experiencing the tragedy of 9/11.
Jeff Carson touts two full careers of work that have allowed him to do the two things that he loves – music and police work.
Over the past few years, Carson has returned to performing music, released a music video for the hit song, “The Car,” and re-recorded “God Save The World,” a song he had recorded previously with Lisa Brokop in 2003.
“I’m grateful that people remember me and when I play shows. They bring old pictures they had taken with me from Fan Fair or a show I did near them. It is touching to see these pictures from the fans and know they still remembered me and loved my music.”
Carson says there have been no regrets with either of his career decisions. “I have had the best of both worlds and feel very fortunate that I have had the opportunity of doing two things that I continue to love.”
*Please note, there is limited seating and tickets available.
TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD AFTER PURCHASE
TICKET PRICES ARE PER TICKET AND ARE NON-REFUNDABLE OR TRANSFERRABLE TO A DIFFERENT DATE
Maury County TN. currently does not have any mandatory mask or social distancing mandates. Depending on tickets sold, there could be up to 300 guests in attendance at the show. Please feel free to wear a mask if you desire.
Visit our full FAQ page for travel info to Columbia, TN.
- Parking gates open at 5 pm CT
- Doors open at 6 pm
- Show starts at 7 pm
- The Concert Hall is about 45 mins south of Nashville, just 5 miles off I-65.
- The address is: 4544 Highway 431, Columbia, TN 38401
- The closest airport is the Nashville International Airport
- There are lots of hotel options nearby. These are just a few:
- FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES, 1545 Halifax Dr, Columbia, TN 38401 - (931) 548-8444
- COMFORT INN, 1544 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia, TN 38401 - (931) 388-2500
- SLEEP INN, 1605 Harley Davidson Blvd, Columbia, TN, 38401 - (931) 548-2900
- RED ROOF INN, 1548 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia, TN 38401 - (931) 381-1410
- HAMPTON INN, 1551 Halifax Drive, Columbia, TN 38401 - (931-540-1222)
- We do NOT have RV hookups at the concert barn. There are two places nearby that do.
- Campers RV Park - 1792 Bear Creek Pike Columbia, Tn 38401 931-381-4112
- Henry Horton State Park - 4209 Nashville Hwy Chapel Hill, Tn. 37034 931-364-2222
- Our family owned cafe MARCY JO'S MEALHOUSE is only a mile away at 4205 US-431, Columbia, TN 38401.
- If you visit downtown Columbia during your trip, be sure to visit MARCY JO'S MULETOWN at 105 E. 6th St. Columbia, Tn. 38401.
- Note, there's also a Cracker Barrel and other restaurant options within a few miles at I-65, exit 46.