Homestead Hall welcomes Jimmy Fortune Nov. 20, 2021
Jimmy Fortune toured, sang and performed with the legendary Statler Brothers for 21 years. Fortune quickly lived up to his name. He wrote the group’s second No. 1 hit, “Elizabeth,” on their 1983 album Today, and followed that with two more No. 1 hits–“My Only Love” (from 1984’s Atlanta Blue) and “Too Much On My Heart” (from 1985’s Pardners in Rhyme). Fortune also wrote the top-10 hit “Forever” from 1986’s Four for the Show and co-wrote the top-10 hit “More Than a Name on the Wall” from 1988’s The Greatest Hits.
Jimmy has performed in all of the U.S. States, in Canadian Provinces, and in front of audiences as large as 100,000. He was part of the Statlers’ annual Happy Birthday USA celebration in Staunton, Virginia, for 14 years. He also sang on many of the Statlers’ gold, platinum, and double platinum recordings. Jimmy’s career included The Nashville Network’s popular “The Statler Brothers Show” which aired for seven seasons and debuted in 1991 as the highest rated show for the network. Jimmy was privileged to perform at the White House on two occasions, once for President Ronald Reagan, and once for President George H. W. Bush. He also presented a special gift to actress Elizabeth Taylor by singing his song “Elizabeth” to her for a birthday celebration.
Jimmy and The Statler Brothers were inducted into the GMA (Gospel Music Association) Hall of Fame on October 29, 2007, and inducted into the CMA (Country Music Association) Hall of Fame on June 29, 2008. Jimmy, as a solo artist, was inducted into the Virginia Musical Hall of Fame in 2018.
After The Statler Brothers retired on October 26, 2002, Jimmy seized the opportunity to launch a solo career to share new music with his fans. His first solo CD, When One Door Closes, was released August 2003 on Audium/Koch. He released a gospel album, I Believe, in June 2005, a Christmas CD, Feels Like Christmas, in 2006, a live concert DVD in 2007 a country CD, “Windows” in 2009, “Lessons” in 2012, and “Hits and Hymns” CD and DVD through Gaither Music Group in 2015 which debuted at #10 Billboard Country Album, #1 Southern Gospel, and #6 Billboard Contemporary Christian. The DVD debuted at #1 on Billboard Music Video charts. In 2017 he recorded a compilation of his favorite songs called “Jimmy Fortune Sings The Classics” on the Gaither Music label.
There is limited seating and tickets available.
TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD AFTER PURCHASE
TICKET PRICES ARE PER TICKET AND ARE NON-REFUNDABLE OR TRANSFERRABLE TO A DIFFERENT DATE
Maury County TN. currently does not have any mandatory mask or social distancing mandates. Depending on tickets sold, there could be up to 300 guests in attendance at the show. Please feel free to wear a mask if you desire.
Visit our full FAQ page for travel info to Columbia, TN.
- Parking gates open at 5 pm CT
- Doors open at 6 pm
- Show starts at 7 pm
- The Concert Hall is about 45 mins south of Nashville, just 5 miles off I-65.
- The address is: 4544 Highway 431, Columbia, TN 38401
- The closest airport is the Nashville International Airport
- There are lots of hotel options nearby. These are just a few:
- FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES, 1545 Halifax Dr, Columbia, TN 38401 - (931) 548-8444
- COMFORT INN, 1544 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia, TN 38401 - (931) 388-2500
- SLEEP INN, 1605 Harley Davidson Blvd, Columbia, TN, 38401 - (931) 548-2900
- RED ROOF INN, 1548 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia, TN 38401 - (931) 381-1410
- HAMPTON INN, 1551 Halifax Drive, Columbia, TN 38401 - (931-540-1222)
- We do NOT have RV hookups at the concert barn. There are two places nearby that does.
- Campers RV Park - 1792 Bear Creek Pike Columbia, Tn 38401 931-381-4112
- Henry Horton State Park - 4209 Nashville Hwy Chapel Hill, Tn. 37034 931-364-2222
- Our family owned cafe MARCY JO'S MEALHOUSE is only a mile away at 4205 US-431, Columbia, TN 38401.
- If you visit downtown Columbia during your trip, be sure to visit MARCY JO'S MULETOWN at 105 E. 6th St. Columbia, Tn. 38401.
- Note, there's also a Cracker Barrel and other restaurant options within a few miles at I-65, exit 46.